| Back to Application - Checklist of Materials
Degree Programs Application Materials Checklist
Items 1 - 10 are mailed to:
Brine Educational Consultants, P.O. Box 1060, Brockton, MA 02301
- Complete Fitchburg State University Application to which a $40 processing fee check made out to Fitchburg State University is attached. ( This fee is non-refundable)
- Catherine Leahy Brine Inc. Coversheet, with a $150 non-refundable application fee attached (Please send this form as soon as possible so that we can open an application file for you.)
- Copy of your Teaching License issued by the Massachusetts Department of Education
- Official unopened transcripts from any institution you attended as an undergraduate. Transcripts should be sent directly to our agency from the college or University. Fitchburg will not accept Transcripts stamped "issued to student."
- "Request for Transfer of Graduate Credit" form
- Official unopened transcripts for all graduate courses taken.
- Three letters of reference on forms provided. One letter should be from a supervisor; the other two should be from people who know you professionally.
- Professional Resume signed and dated
- Personal Statement: Choose one of the following prompts and write an essay no longer than one full page:
- Tell us about a positive situation in which you helped a person and made a significant difference in that person's life.
- What are the most important factors in establishing a long-term working relationship with students, friends, etc.?
- Tell us about a significant event that involved you in a teaching or helping role.
- Describe the situation as it occurred at the time.
- What did you do in that particular situation?
- How did you feel about the situation at the time you were experiencing it?
- How do you feel about the situation now?
- What would you change, if anything?
- If you have taken the Sheltered English Instruction course through your school system, a copy of your endorsement must be given as part of your application file.
Top of Page