| Middle School and Secondary Initial Licensure Program
Overview of the Site-BasedThis Initial License Program has been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Education. This Program is intended for candidates who hold a Preliminary License in any Middle School or Secondary content area. Candidates who successfully complete the Program will earn an Initial License in the middle or secondary content area of their Preliminary License.
Middle School and Secondary Initial Licensure Program
Offered through Catherine Leahy Brine Educational Consultants, Inc.
The Program may be taken as an 18-credit stand-alone Initial Licensure Program or it may embedded into the 36-credit Fitchburg State College Master of Education in Curriculum and Teaching.
Proposed Sequence of Courses for the 18-credit Initial Licensure Program: (subject to possible change depending on the needs of the candidates)
- EDUC 7000 Topics: Introduction to Strategies for Effective Literacy
Instruction Across the Disciplines (3 cr.)
- EDUC 7000 Topics: Succeeding with the Resistant Student (3 cr.)
- EDUC 7500 Curriculum Design for Multi-Needs Populations (3 cr.)
- EDUC 7000 The Psychology of Learning: Inclusion for All Students (3 cr.)
- EDUC 7000 Advanced Seminar in Curriculum and Teaching (3 cr.)
- Practicum Experience (total of 150 hours) (3 cr.)
Credits may not be transferred into the stand-alone 18 credit license program.
Cost of program: $275 per creditAll graduate credit is awarded by our Higher Education Partner, Fitchburg State College.
Top of Page